You are welcome to attend PFLAG Brisbane meetings which are held bi-monthly, normally at the Chermside library commencing at 1:30pm. Currently the meetings are held online using Zoom due to Covid. Meeting events are normally posted on our Facebook page, where you can also register to attend.
We usually have a guest speaker at every meeting and also have a general discussion where we offer support and encouragement to families in need. The Committee meets on the same day, prior to this meeting.
2022 Meeting Dates:
- 5 February (ZOOM ONLY)
- 2 April (ZOOM ONLY)
- 4 June 1.30 pm (ZOOM ONLY)
- Guest Speaker: Carolyn A Rogers, Relationships Australia
- Carolyn (she/her) is a Certified Practicing Counsellor, her passion and focus is supporting and enhancing the mental health well-being of the LGBTIQA+ Communities and is currently working in private practice and as the Rainbow Counsellor and Educator for Relationships Australia Qld. She works with clients from an LGBTIQA+ informed perspective, providing affirming, accepting and inclusive support. Carolyn is also an LGBTQA+ informed practice educator for other allied mental health professionals and services.
- Pre-event registration is required. To register click here.
- 6 August 1.30pm (ZOOM ONLY)
- Guest speaker: Brian Beckhan (he/him), Centre for Human Potential Brisbane
- The Centre for Human Potential is an allied health clinic with locations in Fortitude Valley and Wooloongabba. They have a variety of psychologists and programs to help the LGBTQIA+ community. Brian’s presentation will be followed by some Q&A and then parent support.
- Pre-event registration is REQUIRED. To register, please click here and the link will be sent automatically to you.
- 1 October
- 3 December (AGM)
Social event information coming soon!